Pubertal, Psychosocial, and Physiological Development in Females with Autism
Significant physical, psychological, hormonal and social changes occur during pubertal development. Adolescence may be uniquely challenging for girls especially those with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). We are seeking females enrolled at 6, 8, 10 and 12 years of age and followed annually over four years.
View a video explaining our study
Females, 6-12 years of age, with confirmed or suspected:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Typical Development (TD)
- Intellectual Disability (ID)
- Diagnostic confirmation and letter with test results
- Families living 100 miles away or more may be eligible for travel and lodging compensation
Annual Visit Requirements
- Physical Exam and Blood Draw
- Brief Psychological Exam
- Social Interaction and EEG
- Follow-up assessments 1 time a year for a total time commitment of 4 years.
- (615) 322-4132
- (615) 513-9562